A goal of Hartford Chorale is to extend singing opportunities to a broader constituency in order to attract more singers and to further serve the community. If you would like to talk to us about our Outreach and Education efforts, please contact our office at 860.547.1982 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Independent Study Program
The Chorale offers an independent study program for college students and an internship program for high school students (16 years and older) to participate at no cost except for the purchasing of scores. Please contact our office at 860.547.1982 or email us at email@example.com to apply for this opportunity or to speak about future internship/independent study opportunities.
D’Occhio Scholarship Fund
The D’Occhio Scholarship fund is in memory of Candido and Pacina D’Occhio, and was established to further students’ musical education in high school, college or post-graduate, or private education. Current Chorale interns in good standing are eligible to apply for the $500.00 award. For more information, please contact the Hartford Chorale Office at 860.547.1982 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our History of Community Outreach includes:
- City Arts on Pearl performance November 2008 by the Hartford Chorale Chamber Singers
- Martin Luther King celebration concerts with the Hartford Symphony Orchestra
- A September 11th memorial concert in conjunction with other state choirs
- Community events sponsored by the Greater Hartford Arts Council
- Messiah Singalong as part of Hartford’s First Night, December 2004
- Pre-concert talks and program notes that add to our audience’s knowledge and appreciation of choral music
- Inviting youth singers to participate in our concerts
- Featuring an urban youth chorus in a concert (The Church Street Singers)
- Sponsoring open rehearsals and dress rehearsals
- Providing scholarship memberships to qualified high school and college students
- Travel abroad to: England, Ireland, Wales, Austria, China (in conjunction with the New York Choral Society), Italy