While our primary audience is the Greater Hartford area, the Chorale has performed three times at Carnegie Hall in New York City; in Providence, Rhode Island; in Worcester, Massachusetts; and in Middletown, New Britain, Storrs, Fairfield, and New Haven, Connecticut.
- In 2014, we completed a performance tour of Paris with concerts in the beautiful American Church in Paris, the Church of St. Etienne-du-Mont (musical home of Maurice Durufle), and, in a journey to the countryside, a concert in glorious Chartres Cathedral. More than one hundred travelers enjoyed this magical experience.
- In 2001, sixty members of the Chorale toured China in collaboration with the New York Choral Society following an invitation from the Office of the Ministry of Culture of the People’s Republic of China. The combined chorus of 150 singers performed a concert of American music, including Bernstein’s Chichester Psalms, at the New Century Theater in Beijing, then traveled to Shanghai to perform Verdi’s Requiem at the spectacular Grand Theater. The following evening the group appeared in the beloved Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony, led by the distinguished Chinese conductor Mr. Hu Yong-Yan.
- It was a great honor to be specifically invited back to sing at the Cultural Olympiad in China! In collaboration with the New York Choral Society, we traveled to China in June 2008, to sing in the Opening Ceremony of the Olympic Cultural Festival in Beijing, another concert in the Beijing Concert Hall, and a third concert in Qingdao, in the Qingdao People’s Hall.
- We were invited to participate in the “Voices in the City” festival in Birmingham, England, and also performed in Ireland and Wales. The Chorale also embarked on a twelve-day European tour, with performances in Vienna, Salzburg, and Venice.
- In 2017, the Chorale will travel and perform in beautiful churches in Prague, Vienna, and Budapest in our “Jewels of Europe” tour.